I’ve listed a few book suggestions below which may be of help to dip into and a whole read if you’re able. It’s not by any means an exhaustive list, but a few titles I have come across over the years. I’ll also be adding other suggested resource & links over time.
I have also added a link, below, to a playlist of most of the songs suggested in my blog posts. I hope you enjoy it.
I will also be listing relaxation cds that I find very helpful.
Book suggestions ~
Dip in books…
- Living with M.E. by Dr Charles Shepherd (Vermilion)
- Fighting Fatigue by Sue Pemberton & Catherine Berry (Hammersmith Press)
- 101 Tips for Coping with M.E Guidance from a Sufferer by Hayley Green (Amazon)
- A Complete Guide to Healing Foods by Amanda Ursell (Dorling Kindersley)
- Eat to beat Fatigue by Jane Harries (The Erskine Press)
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome by Dr Sarah Myhill (Hammersmith Books)
Faith led books…
I found I was able to read both of these books, listed below, in full in stages. They’re encouraging, not too long & have plenty of paragraphs allowing a place to stop & take a break for however long is necessary, be it minutes, hours, days or months.
- Can God Help M.E.? by Liz Babbs (Authentic Media)
- “speak life”…and shut the hell up! by Bev Murrill with Foreword by Gerard Kelly (River Publishing)
To be updated soon.
Virtual getaways created by Claire Wade ~ ‘Surviving Severe ME’.
Blog – song suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE7uENyA574WqFYOP76IrQeCn6YCod3oq
Tips & links…
The websites below are a helpful online resource, but as stated on the site/s are not a replacement for medical advice.
COPYRIGHT of NIV Bible extracts included in my blog posts
The NIV text may be quoted in any form (written, visual, electronic or audio), up to and inclusive of five hundred (500) verses without express written permission of the publisher, providing the verses do not amount to a complete book of the Bible nor do the verses quoted account for twenty-five percent (25%) or more of the total text of the work in which they are quoted.
When the NIV is quoted in works that exercise the above fair use clause, notice of copyright must appear on the title or copyright page or opening screen of the work (whichever is appropriate) as follows:
THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
* * * * * *
COPYRIGHT in regard to Hope found in M.E. blog posts. No part of or whole blog post or image may be used & or re-published without my prior consent. Thank you.
* * * * * *
I must also point out that – The information in these blog post & pages in no way replaces the need to seek professional medical advice & attention in connection with the conditions or symptoms mentioned or described. Thank you.